Density is an important factor to determine correct mass and composition of a liquid/gas flowing stream
- Mass measurement can be achieved by direct measurement with a Coriolis flow meter or inferred by multiplying a volumetric flow rate times flowing density.
- Mass measurements are converted to volumetric terms for commercial transactions.
- The component content will determine the % quantity of each hydrocarbon that is present S&D has developed a tool to compare Flowing Density vs. Calculated Density, which can be used to determine the sample’s fidelity. When trying to understand if a sample is truly a representation of the stream’s composition, a quick comparison between the corrected-to-standard conditions for flowing density and calculated density is always the first test.
- S&D has years of experience in operating and troubleshooting Material Balance systems.
- S&D has saved customers millions of dollars simply by educating and developing statistical tools to troubleshoot.
- Reducing error at the cash register is an easy way to put money to the bottom line.
Get free consultation